As part of testing, we first created a number of test documents, which included scenarios, guides and consent forms. Some dry run tests where also carried out to identify any issues that may exist with the testing methods and also to allow myself become more familiar with the process.
We create 3 test scenarios to test the current prototype which fulfilled our earlier defined goals created to meet user needs
Scenario 1: Book tickets for blockbuster
You want to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi tonight. We’d like you to book 2 tickets for you and your friend at 9pm. Try and get two Mezz seats and make sure the seats are beside each other.
You also want to get some popcorn, a drink and some sweets for the movie.
Scenario 2: Book tickets for a family movie
You’re planning a trip to the movies with your 2 young children and their friend. You want to go early afternoon and heard that Paddington 2 is out.
Find the movie Paddington 2 and book one adult ticket and three childrens tickets and make sure the seats are beside each other.
You want to get some food for the kids too. Select 3 child meals for them when booking the tickets.
Scenario 3: Save your loyalty number on the site
|You have joined the Movies @ Dundrum loyalty program and received your card in the post recently. Find a way to save your loyalty number on the site so that it is available at checkout for future bookings.|
Exit Questions/User Impressions
We also created the following exit questions to try catch any thoughts or issues that the users may have been thinking about but which had not openly voiced during interview
- What is your overall impression of the Movies @ prototype you tested today?
- What is your impression of the filter function?
- Do you feel this site is current? Why?
- What did you like best about the site?
- What did you like least about the site?
- Is there anything that you feel is missing on this site? (Probe: content or site features/functions)
- If you were to describe this site to a colleague in a sentence or two, what would you say?
- Do you have any other final comments or questions?